Saturday 18 April 2015

Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie



This morning i needed a little boost. Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie is my without fail Friday breakfast. But often turns out to be much more regular than once a week! I used to hate peanut butter. When i was about 16, my friend made peanut butter protein shakes and it was almost undrinkable. But now i can not get enough of the stuff!

As a rule, i make my own foods and never use processed products. I do however occasionally use products, such as Meridian Peanut and Almond butter as it contains 100% nuts and if i am in a rush - its so much easier than making my own. Most nut butters contain sugar and palm oil, as well as the nut. Meridian do not add any other ingredient than the nuts themselves and so i feel pretty happy eating their products. As no sugar is added, it is noticeably less sweet than standard nut butters and if not mixing into a smoothie ( which already contains sweetness from bananas etc ), you may want to add some fruit sugar or mix with dates.

I use a mixture of frozen and unfrozen bananas for this recipe. Frozen bananas give the smoothie a 'ice cream' feel and is a really good way to use over ripe bananas. Sometimes i ask my local farm shop to save me any unsold, over ripe bananas which i get for a discounted rate, I then unpeel, chop and freeze to make smoothies or ice cream :),



Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie

1 Frozen Banana
1 unfrozen Banana
2 heaped tsp Peanut Butter
1/4 cup oats
200ml water
200ml almond milk




2 comments:

  1. I dont know how anyone can dislike peanut butter! I tried this smoothie today- the oats make it really creamy! Great treat thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! peanut butter is the best :) More oats the better i say. Glad you liked it x

      Delete

Thanks for commenting. <3 Emily x