Wednesday 8 April 2015

The First day of Summer






Well, Almost.. It is still early April and so I guess it is technically spring. But the weather! A few days of sunshine and out come the mini skirts, tank tops and sunglasses - and my freckles!

My morning started by a good 40 min session of yoga-type exercise. I am loving yoga, however, at the moment I am still making up moves as I go along! I already have a few aches and pains in muscles I didn't even know existed until now, so I must be doing something right. I have never been an exercise junky. I have always loved to dance, and keep relatively fit but I am really learning to get in tune with my body now, and listen to what I need as well as want out of life. I have spent a good few years waisting precious time not knowing who I was, or where I was going. If I stopped thinking so intensely about what I wasn't doing, maybe I would have done something a little more productive than worrying about what I could be doing. But I got there in the end. I want a Healthy mind, Healthy soul, Healthy body. Yoga seems to relax my body and mind and even though I may not be world class at all the moves just yet, it is certainly doing a world of good.

I tend to have liquids up until lunch. I normally start the day with a green tea before I workout, and then some kind of delicious vitamin goodness smoothie. Today - as it was almost summer! or as sunny as an English summer can get, I smoothied with a bunch of amazing Summer berries. Now of course as it is not real summer, I had to go with a selection of last summers frozen berries. This smoothie is slightly different normal, as I pile bananas in EVERYTHING! Bananas are fantastic at blending ingredients together, and in my opinion are just great in every aspect! However today I made a conscious decision to make a banana free smoothie, and it was pretty damn GOOOOD!







Almost-Summer Berry Smoothie

1- 2 Cups of Mixed Frozen Berries - IE Strawberries, raspberries, red currents, blackberries
250ml Coconut water  (or a dairy free Milk if preferred)
2 dates ( or 1tsp of fruit sugar)
1/2 tsp of fresh grated ginger ( dried will be okay too)



BLEENNNNDDDD :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. <3 Emily x