Sunday 12 April 2015

Pink Pina Colada


 
I think it is funny how your taste buds change and develop as time goes by. Up until a few years ago, I couldn't stand pineapple. I am not sure if it was the little bit of outer skin that would get caught in between my teeth of just the tangy taste but even the thought of pineapple makes my mouth go all weird. Now at 22, I absolutely love the taste but I THINK ( and I say think, because I am always over dramatise situations) that I have developed a slight allergy to pineapple. My lips get tingly and my throat goes all 'rusty' and tight, like the feeling you get when a soar throat is starting, almost the moment after I eat it, and lasts for a good few hours. Which SUCKS. It will not stop me from occasionally eating or drinking the stuff, but I do like to listen to my body.
 
Pina Colada has to be one of the best summer drinks. Just one sip and im whisked away to a tropical paradise.. almost - I can dream. Although, I am not really great with too much heat. I get heat overload and have to run inside - it must be my pale English skin!
 
Unfortunately,  my pineapple wasn't 100% ripe and I was too impatient to wait. I wanted Pina Colada and I wanted it NOW! So I was inventive and popped in a few chunks of watermelon to sweeten things up. YUM.
 



 
Pink Pina Colada
 
 
1/2 Pineapple
A few Chunks of watermelon (about 1/2 cup)
250ml of coconut water (or coconut milk or half and half)
 
It is best to cut pineapple into small pieces as it makes the blending process easier. I used just under 250ml of coconut water, and then added a splash of coconut milk. If you want it really coconutty - ( real word?)  then go full blast with the coconut milk.
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. <3 Emily x